Monday, July 27, 2009

praying for patience...maybe not a good idea

Why do i feel so much anxiety? I have walked down this path before and seen God answer prayers that were not even uttered. I want so badly to be "Home".Where is that "Home" going to be? I so want to be with our new church family and begin to sow seeds in the community and in the church with believers and unbelievers alike. I long for a little more permanence than I have had in the the last few years. I want to plant gardens and flowers and berry bushes.I know it sounds so silly to write and then read it back to myself but it is a joy that God has given to plant and see the fruits of our labors. I want my kids to experience time in a garden planted and cared for by our own hands and learn the many lessons that come from spending time in creation. I have not bothered doing that in the last few years much because of the temporary state we have been in during seminary. I know that the nature of ministry is temporary.We have been blessed with 20 years of ministry and only 2 churches. I hope that the next church is our last and can spend 30+ years serving a particular congregation. How blessed that would be. I thought I had learned the lessons of patience but I am reminded daily how impatient I really am. I check the mail and email with anticipation that someone will contact us about a church position.I am getting so impatient. I want to go and go now not 2 years from now.I have been in this place of limbo for so long I just crave a church to settle down in.We have been blessed with a church to call home when we are here but it is also temporary. I pray that God hears my plea's for help! We are at His mercy to find us the right place to go.I pray for patience knowing that he may teach me patience by not answering for a while. I pray for help knowing He may make me lean on Him more to build my faith. I pray for the next congregation and hope they are praying for their future pastor and family as well.God please work quickly on our behalf and prepare us for the next congregation and please prepare them for us.

No comments: