Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We must not miss opportunities to express our love to one another

AS I got my mother dressed to go to the Dr's office today she stopped and grabbed my hands and could hardly get the words out that she appreciated me so much for what I do for her and she ended up getting so choked up she had another episode of reflux but regained her composure quickly. I was struck in that moment of how when we were there in that moment we both understood how short time could be for us on this earth.I am not at all implying that she is dying but we all are dying and we need to make sure we say the things that are necessary to express before it is too late to express them on this earth.She expressed to me that she felt like a worthless toad unable to due much that she considered useful.To all that know her they know how many useful things she actually does.I reminded her that she has the privilege of entering into Christs sufferings unlike most of us then she proceeded to tell me that she is not suffering which is so predictable of her to say.If I could not walk ,talk clearly,eat for 13 years,sew,crochet,knit,get in the shower myself,dress myself, have multiple surgeries to keep my eyes open,be unable to turn my eyeballs,unable to close my eyes completely, drive anymore,sing,talk on the phone,call for help,take a walk in the woods,or if I had been brought back to life 3 times or if I had to be on a ventilator and then suffer with the constant problems that a trache involves for 2 whole years or if everyone I met stared at me or talked to everyone else but me, or thought I was retarded or thought I was unhappy because my face doesn't work and no can see the smile that is there on the inside, or be accused of being drunk years ago because of an unsteady gate.I think I would call that suffering.She is amazing the way that God has enabled her to see past all of these things and not consider it suffering.That is a testimony of Gods goodness that I will take into the future.I have never heard her say why me or please heal me she has accepted this as Gods providential work and that He purposed it to be this way.I am sure she has prayed for healing but has accepted Gods answer.May we learn from the legacy of such people like Lynn Lapp and Joni Erickson. Don't get me wrong my mother is looking forward to getting rid of the wheelchair and to eating a very big Thanksgiving dinner as soon as she is in the presence of the one that enables us to live with and in suffering.Healing will come to her as she says when she is dancing in heaven with pretty shoes LOL. She has had to wear ugly braces and shoes so long all you ladies will understand that hope.Please continue to pray for her and all of us.The following is one of my moms favorites and truly can only be fully understood by those that have entered His sufferings.
Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Becky!

franklin3@truevine.net


Cami