Tuesday, April 27, 2010

STILL MY SOUL



This passage of scripture is on my memory board this week. Sunday marked 3 years since we had our last church service as Christ Fellowship on the last Sunday in April.God has done so much since then in getting us here to finish school... Melissa got married ...Caleb is settled at the Air force academy... and now we wait to hear about where God will send us next. We have not been filling out any other resumes until we hear from Sylvania church in Tyler, Texas. My heart has felt weak as we hope so much to go there but we have not heard anything for 2 weeks and silence is never a good sign. I would much prefer to keep communicating but they have a VERY big job to do as a pastor search committee. We have known for a few weeks that Robert is 1 of 4 left in the pool. There is nothing we can do other than wait. They have contacted our references and it is not our place to now make contact except to find out how we can pray. I have been praying for the search committee as a whole and elders but also for several of them by name. I feel in a weird way like I know these people already and so hope that we get to work with them and serve them and love them.We have such a strong desire to go there and speaking for myself will be so disappointed if we don't get to know them better this side of heaven.
At the same time I am reading and searching scripture and holding on to the Lord for his strength. I have and am praying for a courageous heart to take the answer from Sylvania as Gods working and know that He is Sovereign over all things and very trustworthy and loving. This song just spoke to me so much tonight. I am still praying that God would be directing us to Sylvania and that we will be able to give ourselves and our family to these people to serve them to the glory of God. I believe the committee will be meeting tomorrow night...Please pray that we will hear something soon. We are putting on hold searching anywhere else until we hear from them. We have never felt led to stop applying at other places while waiting to hear from a particular church until now.We just feel such an affinity and don't want to look elsewhere.Please pray for strength of heart and peace and that fear will not take over our souls. Thursday is April 29th the actual date of our last Christ fellowship church service...we will be thinking of our dear brothers and sisters that shared that day with us on the beaches of Florida.It is a bitter sweet day as it also marks the day our youngest son,Joshua was baptized in those warm waters of the Atlantic. Thank you all for your prayers!

I am so thankful for the music that God uses to bring us strength and encourage us. The Gettys have written songs that sustain me.

1 comment:

Tammy Halley said...

I was praying for you yesterday and will continue to do so!