Sunday, October 11, 2009

Warmth of heart

I had the wonderful priviledge to hear Robert preach tonight at our church. We are blessed to be at our church and get to hear wonderful preaching on a regular basis. I have been contemplating why it was such a heart warming joy to hear him preach. I am sure everyone has a pastor from their past that holds a special part of their heart.Someone that when you plan on seeing them again or hearing them preach again is like a comforting song. as you listen to them preach after a time of being away it takes you back to past periods of spiritual growth or scriptures preached that comforted past pains or scriptures that rebuked personal sin or encouraged you during difficult times. I am absolutely aware that Robert is my husband but for many many years he was also my pastor.When he preached he was my pastor... my earthly shepherd guiding me through this life.Loving me as a sheep and allowing God to speak to me through his preaching. It is a strange experience and I am sure their are many other ministers wives that have this same experience of viewing their husbands as their pastors. So after having not heard from my "old" pastor in a while it was such a joy to hear him again and be challenged by the text(1TIM 1:5)to love one another more and make it the goal of my life and dealings with people. I have been listening to Chris Thomlins new CD and there is a great song on it called "Love" that I listened to tonight.

No comments: