Thursday, October 29, 2009

Longing heart

As I reflect on the last 2&1/2 years since we moved here I am so thankful for so many things yet I long for things as well. I can be thankful for my mothers health through most of our time here. For leading her to Dr's here that have drastically improved the quality of her life. We are so thankful for many new friends that God has given us at Clifton Baptist Church. We are so thankful to faithful preaching of men like Dr.Bruce Ware...Tom Shriener...and Shawn wright as well as new preachers like John Kimble and many others. WE are so thankful that God has directed our oldest child Melissa to find that one special person that God had set aside for her to join up with for a life of full time ministry. These are truly many blessing in such a short time but like I said there are things that I long for as well. I long to be in a church that we feel a sense of permanence. I long to work along side Robert to enter full time ministry again. I pray again that God is preparing sheep for us and that a church is praying for a kind Shepherd as well. I long to plant gardens and flowers not wondering whether it is worth the effort because we may not be here when they ripen or flower. I long to not be temporary in so many areas of life. As I find myself longing for these things I am reminded that what i really long for is heaven when there will be no more separation from the ones we love and we can fellowship with all or past friends and love ones along with new friends. I am also reminded of our previous church that God blessed us with namely Christ Fellowship. i am always drawn back to such sweet fellowship by the music we shared. Cant wait to share this music with another congregation and then someday with all congregations of Christians of the world to praise Him forever and everer!




Becky

No comments: