Wednesday, September 17, 2008

God's little creatures


What a blessing we had this past weekend. As Ike went by us on Sunday it did a lot of damage in this part of the country with 75mph winds. This caused a lot of trees to come down. My kids and a friend were in the back at our woods and found 2 baby fox squirrels that had been blown away by the wind. they did not see their mother so they brought them to me. We looked up on the internet how to take care of them and we started warming and feeding the cute little things. Then we called a licensed pet rescuer that lives near us and took them to her yesterday. They are so adorable! We saw them open their eyes for the first time on Monday. What a privilege! Caleb brought me so many baby rabbits that our dog would carry up to him and then he would bring them to me but I ended up accidentally killing a lot of them with formula:( This time was a better experience.We hated to see them go.



No comments: