Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ashamed


Well not much to report on the job hunt.We are in a position of having to do nothing but wait on the Lord. Robert has done all he can to find a job. We have had no call backs after countless applications. He does have a possible job working out at the campus but we will have to wait as the details are worked out. This is something that has been in the works since the end of January.That having been said ... I am humbled, shocked,stunned, ashamed, full of worship, grateful, helpless, dependent, overwhelmed etc... The shame is from my lack of faith through this whole process and not understanding Gods love for me as the song above states. God has seen fit to bless us again this week from an unexpected place. We received a gift from an anonymous source that God used to provide for us. This was enough to pay our July house payment. I can't tell you with words how that makes me Praise God. I am so thankful to the people who allowed themselves to be used in this way.We did not know how we were going to pay the house payment for July since we thought for sure Robert would be working by now.
The following song attempts to express my heart to God at this time.I am so undeserving of His love but my heart is bursting with thankfulness and AWE.
Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it truly amazing to see God work in this way in your lives? Even though it was difficult - I wouldn't trade those days on Staff with Campus Crusade - where each and every day for 3 years - we were totally and 100% dependent on God's financial provision. We could do nothing but wait on Him and see what amazing thing He was going to do next. At 4 years old, Jarod truly believed that all we had to do was pray and God would put money in our mailbox! But it came other ways too - and it was always something so unexpected! But why is it so unexpected? After studying God's word and seeing Him work in our lives - nothing should be unexpected! We should expect the unexpected. Oh how He loves to take care of us - to bless us - to watch us grow and learn and trust. He has promised us our needs - and they are always met. Sometimes He allows us to work for them - and other times He delights in just letting them fall in our laps. It's those times that He gets our attention and our total praise because we can take no credit for it whatsoever. I will continue to pray for a job - but most of all I will pray for your faith to continue to be stretched so that you may see His hand. I look forward to many more wonderful stories of His love and His grace towards you. So many times when we were in the middle of waiting for God like this - I would try so hard to figure out what God was trying to teach me and one day He showed me that it wasn't always about me - it was about the people around me. What a wonderful opportunity to share with others. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Just remember "He is able to do exceedingly abundantly more than you can ever think or imagine" (Eph. 3:20)
I love you guys - Cami