Saturday, March 20, 2010

Who will care for the dying and unlovely

I have contemplated for a long time adopting terminally ill children. I worked in an indigent hospital for children many years ago. I was able to care for some very abused kids and babies. Many either brain damaged from their parents or abandoned due to a terminal condition that the parents could not handle. Even the children that were said to have only brains stem activity would be comforted when we took the time to hold them and rock them...to show love. They responded to our little acts of love and that often perplexed the dr's since they were blind deaf and even were said to have no ability to have any functioning senses including touch. I pray they felt our love and that God in a supernatural way allowed these little treasures to feel our love even if it was at a spiritual level.
I would love to someday have the opportunity of adopting one of these precious children to care for until they die.What a privilege it would be to rescue then from medical foster homes that are so under staffed that they dont have time to love. I pray God will work out these desires that I believe He has given me in His timing.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.