Tuesday, November 4, 2008

PEACE!

The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes
Proverbs 21:1

No matter how we vote as individuals or a nation God is Sovereign and he is the one who controls Kings.


For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Romans 13:1

Isn't it great that we can rest our heads on our pillows tonight without even knowing for sure who won the election with peace in our hearts that God is always in control! I find this fact so comforting. God was so good to us to demonstrate these truths throughout the old testament as he appointed rulers both good and bad for His purposes and for His Glory. Praise God for His kingdom is forever. I am reminded of the words of the great hymn of the reformation entitled "a mighty fortress is our God" written by Martin Luther 500 hundred years ago. The following video is an old one of Steve Green singing this great hymn as only he can.

2 comments:

Tammy Halley said...

Hi Robert & Becky! Thanks so much for posting this verse. I liked it so much I posted it on my status on facebook. I received a couple of 'thank you's' and gave you the credit! I think of you guys often and pray for you, too!

5littlewomen said...

Hi Robert & Becky,

Tammy directed me to your blog and I am so glad to find it. I hope to keep up with you through it because you pass through my thoughts often. Thank you for the encouraging and true words.