Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Praises





I have often come to this blog with requests of you to pray for us as we have been on this new and uncertain path. We have truly seen God answer our prayers and yours on our behalf. We are once again in AWE of how directly God has chosen to answer those prayers. He has continued to provide for us through some of you in anonymous gifts that have arrived just in time to prevent financial ruin. These gifts have caused our faith to increase and our praises to burst forth to our God in thanksgiving and increased dependence.We have had a lot of things transpire since the last time I wrote about Robert's job situation.He submitted countless applications and we have heard nothing from anyone of them...not even a phone call or rejection...just nothing.During this time of silence from employers Robert has been in dialog with Southern Seminary about a job they were in the process of creating.That has been going on since January and we were very unsure if this would actually be developing into a position.It has been a long wait but God was surely at work.The job was created and Robert started last Monday.I can't even describe how God has provided for us in during this time. I don't know if you would believe me if I went into all the details.All the time of silence from employers is so clear now that he has this job on campus.If he had been hired outside of this Seminary position he might have missed out on having it.My heart is so full that praying is difficult because of my inadequacies to express my gratitude for Jesus,His love for me,His Sovereignty,Mercy,Kindness,Patience etc... I always turn to music to find those expressions at least in part.So I have included a couple of songs that express my love for Christ. I hope these songs will enhance your worship and praise as well. Thank you all for your prayers and gifts as they have truly been used by God to sustain us in spirit and body.Please continue to pray that God will help us live simply and frugally so that Robert can finish school and once again be able to regularly proclaim the Gospel and Shepherd the flock that God will entrust him with.


No comments: