Thursday, January 17, 2008

Missing the Ocean



We often went as a family on Sunday evenings to the beach to just walk and play in the water and the jetties.I have not had much time to really dwell on those times much.It usually isn't a good idea to dwell there long.But as I was watching the ocean scenes in this music video it did make me long to walk on the warm beach and hear the sound of the ocean that I took for granted and look out and see dozens of dolphins jumping and playing.I do have such wonderful memories of that same beach as the place where I had the privilege of gathering with the people of God from church and watching my children and others baptized.What great times of rejoicing that was for us.Even our last day as a congregation spent in the celebration of Joshua's baptism as the people who knew him from birth, and watched him grow, and taught him Gods word got to have a part in this step of faith that he had been so persistent on taking.I will always have a longing in my heart for the sounds of the waves and the warmth of the sun and the fellowship we shared there.
Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is not a day that goes by that my heart doesn't long for that same fellowship with you. Love and miss you much.

In Christ,
Denise