Saturday, December 1, 2007

Got to see Movie





I know that the portrayal of John Newton in this movie is not, as some would say, the real story behind Amazing Grace the song but he is not the main focus of this movie.It is so inspiring that it is hard to put in words. I so long to be used in such a way.To be able to stand alone if need be and have my passions not be temporary but fruitful.This world,society and church needs to be filled with such passion.It seems everyone says "well there is nothing we can do about this or that" Well why not do something about the things we are passionate about instead of letting the daily things always take precedent over the important things.I don't mean that my job as a mother is an unimportant thing if it is lived out in passion.I need not let it be mundane. I need to try my best to inspire my children by exposing them to written stories and visual portrayals of godly people of passion. Maybe it is not me who will do such "big" things but maybe it is my children that will not live a life that causes them to say with the rest of the world "Well there is nothing we can do about it" May they be stellar truth bearers even if they have to stand alone.
Becky

No comments: